“A little step may be the beginning of a great journey”
Authenticity. Realness. Compassion. Professionalism—These are some of my highest values. Within my approach, I deeply honor the balance of these values and actively bring them into the space.
In fostering an atmosphere of growth and empowerment, I offer a warm, non-judgmental space where we can explore your needs, goals, and concerns. The therapeutic relationship has, in research, been repeatedly found to be vital to the healing process, thus, this relationship is my primary commitment.
Within the area of mental health, I have had over 16 years of experience working in some capacity both nationally and in international settings including South America, the Caribbean, and Africa. This work expanded my understanding of intersectionality and the contextual factors contributing to one’s health and overall well-being. In my practice, I draw heavily upon my advocacy and outreach backgrounds, bilingual clinical work, experience in community mental health, and multicultural insights. I find these concerns often play an important role in therapy.
Advocating for women’s holistic health and wellness and serving both my local community and global community in the form of professional consultations, workshops, and speaking engagements are also passions of mine which I thoroughly enjoy.
Education & Credentials
- California Psychologist License #: 28724
- National Register Health Service Psychologist #:55851
- Post-doctoral Training: Staff Psychologist and Clinical Supervisor at Pacific Clinics, San Gabriel Valley, CA
- Pre-doctoral Internship: Pacific Clinics APA accredited Internship, San Gabriel Valley, CA
- Florida School of Professional Psychology: Psy.D. Clinical Psychology
- Florida School of Professional Psychology: M.A. Clinical Psychology
- Oakwood University: B.S. Psychology – Counseling emphasis
- Oakwood University: B.A. Spanish
Currently, I am an active and highly engaged professional member and provider for the International Association for Premenstrual Disorders (IAPMD). I have received specialized training in working with those who are affected by Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder (PMDD) and Premenstrual Exacerbation of Underlying Disorders (PME). Additionally, I have received training to work with and support mothers experiencing Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Disorders during Pregnancy, Prenatal, and Postpartum periods.
As a National Register Health Service Psychologist (#55851), I enjoy staying current on the latest research in the field and have committed myself to a lifelong process of learning, development, and growth. I am also a member of several other professional organizations:
- American Psychological Association
- California Psychological Association
- Western Positive Psychology Association